Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Coconut Curried Veggies w/ Chickpeas

Pretty much because I was craving veggies, chickpeas, and curry, I made this quick, throw-together dish to have alongside my pizzas :) Weird combo, but I get a lot of different food cravings.
This curry dish is light, flavorful, and satisfying, really easy to make on a whim. Feel free to toss in whatever veggies you have on hand: I made this again with just broccoli, cauliflower, & cabbage. om nom nom :D

From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 can coconut mylk
2tbs curry powder
1/2 large head cauliflower, chopped
1 large broccoli crown, chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
1/2 large green pepper, chopped
3 baby bok choy, chopped
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
sea salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
1) In a large wok over medium heat, stir together the garlic, coconut mylk, and curry powder until well combined and warmed through.
2) Add all remaining ingredients, except chickpeas. Stir until all veggies are evenly coated in coconut curry sauce.
3) Allow veggies to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring every couple minutes, until crisp tender. In the last few minutes of cooking, add the chickpeas and stir well.
4) Serve warm with rice, or alongside any other favourite dish. Season with sea salt & pepper to taste.

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super easy, but it sounds tasty too!!
I got your addy, thank you, I will send it out when I get all the entries!

Elizabeth said...

Your veggies look great and so do your pizzas!!
Peace & Raw Health,
E

Post a Comment