Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ginger Smoothies & Gourmet Dishes

In the days leading up to New Year's, my Dad and I were spoiled by his sister (my Auntie) and her husband. A visit to their home can be compared to a stay in a 5-star resort, being served gourmet food.
For breakfast on our first day, my Auntie made us each this delicious and tangy smoothie. lovelovelove it :)

Ginger Fruit Smoothie
Ingredients:
1 cup frozen berries
1/2 ripe banana
2 tsp minced ginger
1 tbs pure maple syrup

Directions:
1) Blend, baby, blend!
2) Drink pink, be green ;)

Lunch? My Uncle created this fabulous salad for me :) Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a delicious variety of Epicure seasonings made this beautiful to look at and beautiful to taste.
Dinner? Well it was wing night at The Blind Monk, but I obvs wasn't having any of those ;) I dug into the house-made veggie burger, with a patty made of chickpeas & mushrooms. Doused in some Frank's Red Hot Sauce, this delicious dinner went down easy :) The patty was tender and crispy, and full of flavour. I ditched the top of the bun (to cut down on white bread) and used the lettuce and tomato as a top. Nom nom :D

The next day was started perfectly with another fruit smoothie, and then a perfect veggie stirfry for lunch and dinner (lucky me, I got the leftovers!). Complete with broccoli, carrots, zucchini, celery, snap peas, red onions, bean sprouts, garlic, ginger, and many more beautiful flavours, this was more perfect than any stirfry I've ever had in any restaurant.

Our final meal together <3 Butternut squash ravioli smothered in a veggie sauce made with onion, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, zucchini, salsa, tomato paste, various Epicure seasonings, and more.

On the side: Greek salad (sans feta), and vegan garlic bread, with herb & garlic Epicure :) Hands down, one of the best meals I've ever experienced <3

They say you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family. But in truth...I don't think I could find any better family than the ones I'm blessed with :) I love them all, and feel so lucky to be a part of this family!

peace, love, food, family <3
Char, xo

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

All of the food looks great. Love the fruit smoothie. I actually just blended one up for the hubby and three of the five kiddos.
Peace & Health,
Elizabeth

Post a Comment