Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coconut Curried Tomato Stew

I accidentally made waaaayy too much of this, but it was amazing amazing amazing! I had bought all of the ingredients, and planned on making a big pot of soup but put it off for a couple days. Then one night, after a few too many wobbly pops, a friend and I started chopping veggies at 3am. Ohhh yes. Into the crockpot they all went, and there was this beautiful soup for breakfast the next morning! This is a soup I'll definitely be making again and again <3 I lovelovelove it :) Ohhh stew, how you are my favourite comfort food!

From my kitchen, to yours <3

Ingredients:
8 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1/2 bunch celery, diced
2 heads broccoli, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
1/2 large butternut squash, cooked
1/4 head cabbage, chopped
2 large white potatoes, diced
1 can bamboo shoots, drained (227 ml)
1 can water chestnuts, drained (227 ml)
1 bunch spinach, chopped
6 cups veggie broth
1 can coconut mylk
2 cans tomato paste
2-4 tbs curry powder
1 can chickpeas

Directions:
1) Toss all ingredients into your slow cooker on low heat and let cook overnight, 6-8 hours.
2) Snuggle up & serve warm :)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MMMMMMMMMM.... love it!!

Post a Comment