Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Avocado & Cherry Tomato Salad

I truthfully can't take credit for this beautiful creation. As I've mentioned before, I do in-home respite care three times a week, and I cook vegan dishes for them. Often, they will offer ideas for what can be made.
This was C's mom's idea. This salad is so fresh and light, and you can taste each individual flavour's contribution. The avocado really brings everything together, making it nice and creamy. We've made this a few times with dinner now, and I even make it at home, too. It's addicting :) Prepare to fall in love.

From our table to yours <3

Ingredients:
2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 mini cucumber, sliced
1 avocado, peeled, pitted, & diced
3 tbs red onion, minced
3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
juice of 1/2 lime, about 1 tbs
sea salt & black pepper, to taste

Directions:
1) Toss all ingredients together. Serve immediately :)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment