Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrock Shake! Peppermint Chocolate :)

I am keepin' it green for St.Patty's Day! ...with a little bit of chocolate tossed in ;)

I love putting bananas, almond mylk, spinach (and quite often chocolate) into smoothies (like in my Chocolate Vanilla Mylkshake Smoothie), and I've been playing around with different extracts lately...vanilla, coconut, peppermint, lemon... When I came up with this, it reminded me of Chocolate Covered Katie's Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake. Pretty similar, but a wee bit different. I think it subconsciously inspired me for St. Patty's Day :) Thanks, Katie! I've been drinking this for breakfast the past couple days, and I am in looooooove <3

After breakfast is over, keep with the green theme! Pull out your t-shirts, eat your salad & broccoli...and I won't judge if you grab some green beer out the fridge tonight ;)

It's easy being green! From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 cup almond mylk (unsweetened)
2 tsp peppermint extract
1 tbs cocoa powder
1 cup spinach
2 small ripe bananas, peeled
optional: 1 tbs cacao nibs, for topping

Directions:
1) BLEND IT! :D
2) DRINK IT! :D
3) BE GREEN! you are what you eat ;)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited. We have a container of Mint Chocolate Almond Mylk in the pantry!!! I'm going to open that up & add the rest of the ingredients. I even have the Cacao nibs. We're taking this along for our day before the wedding ride (Fri.)

This is why I appreciate all you share. Ease, rest, and nutrition. Woohoo!!!

Char said...

Oooo, do enjoy! That almond mylk sounds delicious :) Let me know what you think <3

Have fun at the wedding!! I'm so excited for you guys :D

Post a Comment