Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Almond Butter Stirfry

mmmmmmmm delish!

When I'm cooking at work, I'm forced to be creative because I have to use what's in the cupboards and fridge. No planning. And I love it :)

Stirfry is pretty much the easiest thing in the world to throw together, and one of my favourite meals for sure. And when it's served with a 'peanut-y' sauce...nom nom nom!

I generally choose almond butter over peanut butter because it's better for you. And if you buy the roasted almond butter, I promise it doesn't taste much different from peanut butter. I buy big jars from Costco :)

This is a flexible dish: Use any kind of veggies you desire, sub quinoa for rice if you like. Just have FUN with it :)

From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
3 cups brown rice, cooked
1-2 tbs coconut oil, for frying
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
3 large carrots, chopped
1/2 daikon, chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cups spinach
1 tbs minced ginger
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup soy sauce (sub water for some of the soy sauce if you want it to be milder)
optional: slivered almonds, for topping.

Directions:
1) In a large wok over medium heat, heat garlic and onion in coconut oil until golden brown. Add carrots, daikon, broccoil, and mushrooms. Allow to cook until crisp tender, stirring often.
2) Stir in the spinach, minced ginger, almond butter, and soy sauce. Cook until spinach is wilted and sauce ingredients are well-stirred into the veggies.
3) Serve warm over rice, top with slivered almonds if desired :)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment