Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Tofu & Veggie Coconut Tomato Curry

ooommmggg. I love tofu. I love veggies. I love curry.

So (not surprisingly), I was craving curry the other night. Mixed into that craving was a desire for tofu & brown rice...and damn there is always room for my veggie passion <3 Though I was feeling exhausted from my busy week, I somehow wanted to make my own food, rather than having anyone do it in a restaurant. (Though there are truthfully some fabulous Indian restaurants here in Nanaimo!)
It sounds like a lot of work, but it really wasn't and I ended up with a wok full of food.

*ahem* a wok full of delicious food! :) enjoy, foodies.

From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
1-2 tbs coconut oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
1/2 large onion, diced
1 cup extra-firm tofu, cubed
2-3 tbs curry powder

1-2 tsp cumin
2-3 tbs tomato paste
1 can coconut mylk
1 roma tomato, diced
1/2 large head cauliflower, chopped
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 cup crimini mushrooms, chopped
sea salt & black pepper, to taste

Directions:
1) In a large wok over medium heat, saute garlic, ginger, and onion in coconut oil for two minutes. Add tofu and sautee until golden.
2) Add curry powder and cumin, stirring to coat evenly. Slowly add in coconut mylk and tomato paste, stirring to mix evenly. Add roma tomato. Cover and let simmer for 5 mins.
3) Add cauliflower, broccoli, and crimini mushrooms. Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally until veggies are tender.
4) Season to taste with S & P, and serve warm over brown rice.
5) Now chow. Wipe the curry off your face and watch out for broccoli teeth ;)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loveeeeee curry too!! I was actually thinking of making it tonight!

Which Indian places are good in Nanaimo? We both love Indian, but I find it hard to get dairy free stuff!!

Char said...

Oohh, definitely visit Amrikko's!! They have a special menu you can request that marks all of the dairy-free, wheat-free, and vegetarian dishes. Just ask for it :) I love it there!

Post a Comment