Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tropicana Rolls, and a Collection of Favourites! :)

Banana & avocado?! Yeah, I never woulda thought so, either :D

I've been keeping kinda hush-hush about my new man, though we've been dating for just about two months now. But as scared as I am about having my heart-broken, I'm not willing to let that fear hold me back from being happy anymore <3
Though he says he doesn't play around much in the kitchen, he practiced for days to surprise me with these sushi rolls...which he's made for me three times now :) I'm definitely finding this pretty awesome, because I haven't even figured out how to make inside-out rolls yet. But to be fair, I've spoiled him with some favourites: 
Mexican Rice Paper Wraps;
Spinach, Mushroom & Tomato Mini Pizzas;
Creamy Vegan Baked Alfredo;
Raw Zucchini Pasta w/ Avocado Orange Dressing;
Green Mylk Smoothie;
Pancakes;
...you get the idea :)

If you wanna make these rolls, use my recipe for sushi rice (though we discovered it doesn't work at all with brown sushi rice...at least not for us), and use equal parts banana & avocado for filling. When I figure out how to actually do the inside-out rolls myself, I will post the instructions ;) But if you really can't wait... YouTube has help for everything! :)

Sushi Rice



Ingredients:
3 cups sushi rice
3 cups water
3 tbs rice vinegar
3 tbs agave syrup or sugar
3 tbs sea salt

Directions:
1) Wash sushi rice, rinsing well.
2) Put rice & water into rice cooker & allow to cook.
3) Once cooked, gently add rice vinegar, agave syrup or sugar, & sea salt. Set aside & allow to cool before using.

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds so interesting!! I've heard of mango and avocado before, so I'm sure banana would be good too!!

Congrats on the new man too! ;)

Char said...

thanks, lady! :) yeah, I've tried rolls with mango in them, but never banana...sooo delish, you gotta try! :D

P.S. welcome home!! :) <3

Post a Comment