Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Mexican Rice Paper Wraps!

I love Mexican food! I love Asian food!
...actually, I just love Ethnic foods in general :) So opportunities to combine 'em? Taken!

I made this for myself, and it was so delicious that I started bragging about it to everyone who would listen. I made it for the family I work with, and they loved it! Not only that, they discovered so many variations: leave out the beans, add Thai chili sauce/carrots, etc. Told the vegan boyfriend about it, and now I've gotta make it for dinner again :P I'm definitely okay with that. I'm thinking this might actually be lunch today, too... :)

From my kitchen to yours <3

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 can beans in tomato sauce
1 avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced)
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup butter lettuce
4 rice paper wraps

Directions:
1) One at a time, wet rice paper wraps in warm water gently, just until pliable enough to use.
2) Lay first rice wrap down on your cutting board. In the center, fill with the butter lettuce, salsa, avocado, brown rice, and beans.
3) Roll up the wrap like a burrito, tucking in the ends. Cut in half with a knife.
4) Repeat steps 1-3 for remaining wraps.
5) Serve, chew, taste, love.

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment