Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Dragon Rice Bowl & Double Chocolate Cupcakes

I am a lucky, lucky lady <3

Some of you may remember when I visited Fresh restaurant in Toronto w/ my Auntie Lolo and Melissa Ramos (author of Sexy Food Therapy). My Auntie bought me their cookbook, titled 'refresh,' and I loooove discovering the recipes inside it! (I should add that she's quite addicted to the copy that she bought herself as well!)
One of my guy friends decided to watch Earthlings with me about two months ago, and he immediately went vegetarian. Soaking up my collection of books (including The Thrive Diet, Skinny Bastard and The China Study), it didn't take him long to switch to vegan. During this whole process, the truth about our feelings for each other began to surface :)
Despite not having much experience in the kitchen, my man wanted to cook for me! And not with cans of beans or store-bought veggie burgers (though I'm not knocking either of those), he borrowed my 'refresh' cookbook and found the Dragon Rice Bowl. Brown basmati rice, miso gravy, grilled tofu steaks, tomatoes and zucchini all topped with green onions & cilantro! I was waaaaay impressed, and I couldn't believe how amazing everything tasted! I honestly never would have thought to put all of those flavours together. Don't have that book? Buy it! :D
And what was for dessert? Double chocolate cupcakes, from my favourite cupcake store, A Wee Cupcakery. Medina Mayes, the owner, makes a vegan, gluten-free cupcake everyday. Her claim: "I believe everyone should be able to have a cupcake."
They are moist, sweet, rich, perfect <3

Finally finding someone who shares the same passion for animals, food, and life that I do has been amazing. <3 I can't believe how lucky I am.

So I don't have a recipe for you today, but I wanted to share my joy :) Now tell me yours!
What is something that has brought YOU joy? :)

peace, love, food <3
Char, xo

2 comments:

dhld said...

that is so adorable :)
im glad you have found someone char!
xo
jee

Char said...

thank yooouuuu :) <3 I feel so lucky!

Hope all is well, lady :)

Char xo

Post a Comment