Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Quinoa!! :)


Sooo, this recipe wasn't super-inventive or creative, but it gives me a chance to show off my knowledge of an awesome grain that not enough people know about :). Quinoa (pronounced keen-wa), is full of B-vitamins, and is either one of the few or only (can't remember) vegetarian sources of complete protein. It's packed with calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. It cooks pretty much like rice, except it takes less time. Try it!

I had some left over the other day, and I put some sea salt, garlic and tamari (soy sauce) in it. I took it with me for lunch with some cucumber slices. Only problem; I'd eaten two whole cucumbers in the last two days, and biting into a slice pretty much made me want to barf. So I walked over to the grocery store, where they sell chinese food, and bought some steamed, mixed veggies. Threw 'em on top of my quinoa and had a fantastic lunch :) !!

No comments:

Post a Comment