Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sweet Chili Ginger Kale with Grape Tomatoes




For years, I've wanted to have my own vegetable garden. Until today, I had absolutely no clue that my Grandma already had an immaculate one. She took me out to it, where she had about 5 or 6 different types of tomatoes, some beets, onions, garlic, kale, lettuces....it was like my kind of heaven. And it got even better when she told me to help myself! I have never had the opportunity to pick veggies, walk inside, and prepare them. Ever. I used her kale and grape tomatoes, picked fresh. I couldn't believe how fragrant the kale was as I ripped it into bunches. *sigh* I just love my veggies...

Ingredients:
coconut oil (for frying)

half an onion, diced

1-2 cloves of garlic, minced

salt & pepper, to taste

8-10 kale leaves, ripped

1 1/2 tablespoons sweet ginger chili sauce

10 grape tomatoes

Directions:

1) Saute the onion & garlic in the coconut oil over medium heat, until browned & fragrant.

2) Add the ripped kale, turning every so often so that all sides are cooked.

3) Season with salt & pepper, and add chili sauce as the kale starts to wilt.

4) Once the kale has softened, remove from heat. Serve in a dish, topped with grape tomatoes.

5) ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment