Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Garlic Broccoli Mash in a Pepper Dish


I know, I know, I made more stuffed peppers. BUT, I keep ending up with so many that I need to use, and the fastest way to get through them is to make them a meal. Plus, I love me some stuffed peppers. (I had to get creative on the name, though. I like 'pepper dish.') Anyhoo, I thought about making them the way I did last time, but I mean, how boring is that? I love that I'm doing this food blog, because it keeps me out of routine. I tend to get comfortable with the same foods, and I eat them the same way, over and over. Blaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! (I'm so bad with pb&j sandwiches!)

I've also been trying to make sure that I eat a wider variety of veggies. I eat plenty of fruits, nuts and seeds, but yeah. Lazier on the veggies. Since I just got my good food box (HUGE bag of fruits & veggies for $11 from the college), I decided to dig right in. I ended up with a beautiful dinner.
Btw, the kreamy curry dressing is from a previous post I made.

Ingredients:
1 pepper
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (soaked & drained)
1/4 cup almonds (soaked & drained)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbs onion, chopped
1 stalk of brocolli, chopped
2 tbs nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water

Salad:
1 cup mixed baby greens
shaved carrot
chopped cucumber
kreamy curry dressing

Directions:
1) Cut the pepper in half, and scoop out the sides. You now have two pepper dishes :) Wasn't that easy?
2) Toss all remaining ingredients into your food processor and let it do the work for you. Gradually add water, rather than a whole bunch at once, in order to get the consistency you want.
3) Scoop mixture from food processor into pepper dishes. Drizzle with kreamy curry dressing, if desired. (I did!)
4) Mix salad ingredients, and drizzle in dressing.
5) I bet it'll take you longer to eat it than it did to make it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment