Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Green Smoothie

MMMMM, I love when healthy food just tastes good, and doesn't have that, um, "healthy" taste to it. You would think this smoothie should, but it doesn't.
My brother and I went to a raw food demonstration a couple weeks ago, and the lady made a green smoothie for everyone to try. It was reeaally yummy! My brother was so impressed that he said we had to make one, too. (Though I'll be honest, he wasn't around when I made this batch :P)
We all got a handout of the recipe, but because I didn't have everything it called for (and because I'm a rebel), I changed some of it. It was sooo delicious, and very filling. Drink this for breakfast! It fills you up, not out ;)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 peeled orange
1 peeled banana
2 Medjool dates, pitted
1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
2 tsps fresh grated ginger
1 tbs sesame seeds
1/4 tsp sea salt

Directions:
1) Puree in a blender until smooth. Drink up, feel beautiful :)

Awhile back, I made a raw Mixed Berry Ganache Fudge Cake that was to live for! I made it with cocoa, and thoroughly enjoyed every sinful bite. My poor boyfriend loves chocolate, but is allergic to it. He has finally decided to cut it out completely, because it makes him sick, but he misses it A LOT! Sooo, for Valentine's Day, I took the recipe I used before, but halved it, and used fresh strawberries instead of the mixed berries. I also substituted carob for chocolate. My valentine didn't miss the chocolate :) He devoured the whole thing last night (though I got to sneak a couple bites!). I should mention, though, that I only halved the recipe for the cake, not the icing...I didn't think it would mix well in my food processor if I tried to make a smaller amount. So I had the other half for breakfast :) Damn it was good. I really can't think of a better way to start the day.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment