Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

No-Bake Lemon Coconut Cookies

Oooooo, I'm sooooooo excited about these!! First, I want to point out that, yes, those are hands & feet. D bought me the awesomest cookie cutters EVER, and I had to use them!
So anyhoo, at work we have these date squares that we sell in the deli. They're vegan and sooooo delicious!! I wanted to make something similar, but I changed quite a bit about them. The ones at work aren't lemon-y, and I was craving tang, as opposed to really sweet. These are really light & delicate, yet bursting with flavour! mmmmmmmmmm, excuse me while I wipe the drool from my keyboard...
FYI, try to avoid eating the batter before you shape your cookies. Because once you taste it, it's really hard to stop eating it. I had to force myself, reminding myself that I needed pictures. If you wanted to make this raw, you could substitute almond flour for almonds & oats.The batch makes more than 4 cookies. I just got lazy and rolled the rest into balls. I think two hands & two feet are enough to purdy up a plate :) I tested these on 5 people now, who all love them! Hope you love this like we do <3


Ingredients:
3/4 cup almonds, soaked
3/4 cup oats
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut
2 tbs lemon juice, from one lemon
lemon zest from a lemon
2 tbs coconut oil
1/4 cup Medjool dates

Directions:
1) Put almonds, oats, and sea salt in food processor, and process until finely ground.
2) Add shredded coconut, lemon juice, and grated lemon zest. Process again.
3) Add coconut oil. Process
4) Add dates, and let process until a ball forms and mixture comes together.
5) Form cookies into any shape you like, using cookie cutters or your own two hands. You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment