Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Raw Coconut Maple Cookies

OMGOMGOMG!! These cookies were the first thing to break in my new food processor, and they were my first successful RAW cookies!! NO OATS!! :D eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Oh, and btw, they are freakin' fantastic!! Only two people got to try them, because I only made a small portion of the batter into cookies (the rest is being eaten with a spoon, and resembles a butterscotch bread pudding! mmmmmm!!)
These were the result of me & my bro standing in the kitchen, while I tried throwing random things in my food processor (this is pretty much how all my recipes are created; they are rarely pre-meditated).
Anyhoo, when I was finished throwing stuff in, it was still too creamy & sticky to be like cookies. This is the problem I typically tend to have, but I always solve it with oats. I was determined, however, to keep these raw. (Oh hiiiii dehydrator, I remember you!) I only dehyrdrated five cookies, and left the rest of the batter; I knew the batter was yummy, but would the cookies be okay? Ummm, YEAH! I've fallen in love <3 haha, then again...I do that at every meal :)
Even if you don't have a dehydrator, you can enjoy it as a butterscotch bread pudding. It's hard for me to pick which is my favourite way to eat it. Oh yeah. It's amazing. My brother was in ecstasy. (And believe me, it can be challenging to impress a 14 year old boy.)
By the way, I know you're gonna be thinking, "carrot?!?! Does the recipe really call for carrot???" Yes, it does. And trust me, it's essential. Don't leave it out. Who doesn't love a little Vitamin A with their cookies? :)

From my kitchen, to yours. Much love <3

Ingredients:
1 large carrot
2/3 cup pecans, soaked
1 cup cashews, soaked
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 tbs maple syrup
2 pinches Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt, meh)
1/4 cup Medjool dates

Directions:
1) Destroy the carrot in your food processor. It's pretty cool to watch.
2) Add pecans, cashews, and shredded coconut, and continue to process.
3) Add coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt. Process until smooth.
4) Add Medjool dates and process until well-combined.
5) Eat as is, or form into cookie shapes and dehydrate at 104 degrees for 4-6 hours.
6) Store in the fridge, if they last that long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment