Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coconut Lemon Bitters

MMMMMMMMMMM, I really love these! They were the result of me playing in the kitchen with several ingredients on the counter. For the most part, my recipes are very sweet; this one is quite tart. I'd been eating so many sweets lately that it was pretty nice to have this change. If you don't want it to be so tart, half the amount of lemon juice, and add some agave nectar to taste. It's up to you :)

The use of coconut flour in the recipe was a failed attempt on my part to keep this totally raw. I'm working on perfecting the raw cookie (without oats). I haven't yet done it, BUT I WILL get there!
I have to say, though, thaaaat....yumm!! The smell, texture, taste...everything about coconut flour is beautifully amazing. The one I bought is raw, and totally intoxicating to inhale. It's like sniffing heaven. *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
I also have too many lemons right meow, so you may see a lot of lemony recipes popping up, just to warn ya. (Or I'm gonna make that raw cheesecake again!!
Oh yeah, and the story with my food processor? Costco was awesome and gave me a full refund even though I bought it more than a year ago. Soooo, I picked up a different model, shown in the picture (10 cup Black & Decker w/ attachable 6 cup blender), and the thing works like a jet engine!! My brother and I watched it destroy a carrot to a colour I didn't even recognize!! ...and then it stopped working. (________ <-----insert several random curse words here.) I was pretty convinced the food gods were out to get me for whatever reason. But I heard from two other people who owned this machine that theirs were awesome and they loved them. Figuring mine was a dud, I went BACK to Costco today, refunded my useless machine, got the same one, and it WORKS!! :D I'm complete again <3 I tested the blender on my raw vanilla almond mylk, and the processor was tested on about 5 different recipes today. Lots of prepared food makes for a happy Char :)

Peace, love, food <3

Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts, soaked
pinch sea salt (or Himalayan pink salt...I'm loving this stuff!)
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 cup oats
juice of 2 lemons, about 4tbs
1/2 cup dates
1/4 cup macadamia butter

Directions:
1) Process walnuts, salt, coconut flour, and oats until powdery.
2) Add lemon juice and dates, and process until smooth.
3) Add macadamia butter, and process until smooth.
4) Form batter into any shapes you like; I rolled them into balls with my palms, and then flattened 'em :) Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment