Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Raw Oatmeal!

One of my favourite, favourite things about this cleanse is that I have been learning to soak & sprout grains, which I have never ever done before. I used to eat oatmeal all the time, but stopped after adopting a mostly raw diet. But, after talking to a nutritionist, I learned that hulled oats are raw. I soak them over night (for at least 12 hours). You have the option of grinding them as well, but they have a soft-chewiness to them that I like. It makes eating it take longer, which means I'm eating slower and getting fuller faster. (I have a bad habit of wolfing down food. My food photos may look appealing, but it wouldn't be so much if you saw me eating them!)
You can try any fruit in this; I used pear because that's what I had. To be quite honest, though...it's better with just the cinammon & agave. I prefer to have a piece of fruit on the side, as opposed to actually in the dish, but the choice is yours. It definitely looks prettier in the bowl :P
Side note: I just discovered I can actually sprout these, too! So I'm gonna be trying that soooon! :D

Happy munching, oatmeal lovers :)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup hulled oats, soaked
1 tsp agave nectar
1-2 tsp cinammon
1/2 pear (or apple/ banana/ whatevs)

Directions:
1) Soak oats overnight, covered in water. Drain in the morning.
2) Top with agave, cinammon, & fruit; stir it all together, and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment