Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Refreshing Lemon-y Smoothie

weeeeee, this is delicious!! so so so so yummy!! I was prepared for it to be quite bitter and/or weird, but it was such a treat! The lemon-y taste was very delicate, and this reminded me somewhat of lemonade (though obvs not exactly the same). Totally experimental, this was me going, "hmmmm, how should I use up my lemon & parsley? And I've also gotta have a smoothie today." TA-DA!! I dunno how I keep doing it, but...yeah...I may be a little amazing :)
This smoothie is very alkalizing, and will help replenish electrolytes. I hope you lovelovelove it like I do ;) It is a fantastic addition to my diet while on this cleanse, as well as after I'm finished, too. Stoked! It's amazing :)

From my kitchen, to yours:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups water
1 scoop Vega
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
1 banana
1 cup packed mixed greens (spinach, kale, your choice!)

1 large handful of parsley
juice of 1 lemon (about 2tbs)

Directions:
1) Blend, baby, blend! Drink it, feel it, love it :) Carry on your day with energy.

I also feel I must share about my wheat grass. Look at it!! Omgomgomg, sooooo excited!! I bought my sprouter with the intent to, well, sprout grains, but I had nooooooo idea I could actually grow wheat grass in it!! Soooooo beautiful :) I lovelovelove watching my babies (herbs & plants) grow! Can't wait to try this out!

Much love,
Char <3

No comments:

Post a Comment