Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

NICE TAN! ;)

So you're probably wondering what this post has to do with food: I'll get to that.
First, I want to start out with some honesty: in high school, my nickname was 'Casper.' In the winter time, when my legs got cold & I'd get goose-bumps, I'd hear comments about my 'raw chicken legs.' Yep, I'm a pasty chick.
Feeling self-conscious, I became a tanorexic: if I went more than two days without fake 'n' baking, I'd start to freak about how pale I was getting. I was pretty dark, but it also made me look like I was about 5-6 years older than I actually was. At the age of 18, people assumed I was 24. I never got ID'd, but I was starting to have leather-y, wrinkle-prone skin. Not cute. To be honest, the only thing that stopped me was going into modeling; agents & clients like the girls to have no colour.
I stopped modeling a few years ago, but began to embrace my pale skin. It was something that made me unique, & I've learned to love all the amazing things that make me different. I no longer hated being pale: I loved it :) I also started to get compliments about how young I look. At the age of 23, people assume I'm 18-19, & I get ID'd all the time.
Though the sun has been out a lot lately, I have not been in it more than enough to get my vitamin D. I burn very easily (due to my fair complexion), so I try to stay covered up. (I lovelovelove the sunshine, though! <3)
Well, as I've mentioned before, I have discovered a sick passion for....carrots. I consume about 20lbs every 3 weeks. They're a perfect snack: I love to eat, so I love crunching something that takes a long time & tastes sweet. Carrots are just that for me. And they travel well, too!
I've heard before of skin turning orange from carrots, though I thought this could be a myth...I'm not orange, buuuuuuuuuuuut:
I went for a walk yesterday with my girlfriend, & she said to me, "Wow, you look so tanned, Char!" haaaaaaah, really? My secret is carrots :P My brother also commented to me later that same day that there is much more colour in my face. Insta-tan, w/ no side effects? I'll take it! Eat up your raw carrots, fellow veggies! I promise you won't have to worry about skin cancer from a carrot tan ;)

Char xo

No comments:

Post a Comment