Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Green Salsa Pasta

I seriously, seriously promise that I cannot tell you how delicious this is; it's just not possible. I have made two batches of it this week (each containing about 3-4 servings) because it is just THAT AMAZING! I've had it for lunch, I've had it for dinner...& mayhaps as a 3:30am snack? :) haha, yeah. I'm a pasta face. But there's no guilt in sitting down to veggie pasta!
I've tried making the sauce with the cucumber & celery, & then also with just extra celery & no cucumber. I didn't notice much difference; it is amazing either way :)
Also, you can make your own salsa...or be lazy & buy it like I did :) haha. Alternatively, you could also substitute 1 cup diced tomatoes. Enjoy!

From my pasta-face to yours <3 *slurp slurp*

Ingredients:
Sauce:
3/4 cup salsa
2 cups greens (spinach, kale, whatevs)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped (or more celery)

Noodles & Toppings (per person):
1 zucchini, spiralized
1/2 cucumber, spiralized
1/2 roma tomato, chopped

Directions:
1) Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor & process until smooth.
2) On a plate, toss zucchini & cucumber noodles with desired amount of sauce (roughly 1/3 of the batch).
3) Top "pasta" with chopped tomato.
4) Eat your dish made of peace & love. Be a karmavore. Rawr ;)

Peace, love, food
Char, xo

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful.
I am going to make this!
I think this weekend I am going to buy myself a gift, my SPIRALIZER!!! That I have been waiting for.
I think I'll toss in some Kelp Noodles with the zucchini and cucumber noodles. I love my sea veggies!! Anyway I can get them.
Peace and RAW Health,
Elizabeth

Char said...

oooooooo, I promise you will LOVE this!! let me know how it turns out :)

peace, love, food
Char, xo

Post a Comment