Friday, October 15, 2010
Spaghetti Squash w/ Bok Choy Tomato Sauce
1) I love them.
2) My digestive system literally stops if I'm eating all raw.
Spaghetti squash (well, squash in general) is one of my favourite veggies. I have made it so many which ways, but I decided to stick with a marinara sauce this time. I was lucky enough to have a family friend bring me a spaghetti squash, green peppers, & fresh tomatoes from his garden (along with very many plums!).
However, because I'm obsessed with greens, I added in some bok choy. This sauce is really chunky & full of veggies. It's perfect for those of us who love 'em :) I had two servings for dinner...& was stoked to dig into the leftovers for lunch the next day!
From my kitchen, to yours <3
1 large spaghetti squash
1 tbs coconut oil, for frying
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
2 baby bok choy, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 small can tomato paste (fill 2/3 can water & use for sauce as well)
1/4 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 tbs oregano, dried
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise, & scoop out the seeds. In a large baking dish, place the squash flesh-side down, & fill dish with 1-2 inches of water. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until flesh is tender, & 'noodles' scrape out of the skin easily with a fork.
2) In a pot over medium heat, stirfry garlic, onion, & green bell pepper until tender. Add in the bok choy & let cook until it starts to wilt.
3) Stir in remaining ingredients, & let warm through.
4) Toss 'spaghetti' with bok choy tomato sauce. Serve immediately :)
peace, love, food <3